Python, React

HvA project

Big Data Project

Description

Big Bata Project is a project I've worked on in my thematic semester for Deloitte.

Tech

This was the first time I had to work in React. I've worked mostly on the structure of the application, and on the back-end.

Angular, NodeJS

HvA project

Enterprise Web Application

Description

Enterprise Web Application is a project I've worked on in the second year of my study. We had to create web application for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines in Angular.

Tech

This was the first time I had to work in Angular. I've worked mostly on the structure of the application, the back-end, and on the design of the application.

JavaFX, Browser

HvA project

Fasten Your Seatbelts

Description

Fasten Your Seatbelts was the first project of the Hogeschool van Amsterdam. We had to create an application for Corendon Dutch Airlines in JavaFX.

Tech

This was the first time I had to use JavaFX to create an application, and it was also my first time working in a group without any artists. During the project I've worked mostly on the structure of the application, because I loved the challenge of it. The real challenge however was to make my code readable enough so that six other developers could understand the structure I was programming.

Javascript, Browser

internship project

Mediamasters

Description

MediaMasters is a project I’ve worked on at my internship at Flavour. I was put on a solo project called the ‘MediaMasters clubpage’, where I had to make an interactive website where children in grades 7 and 8 learn about the dangers of using your phone while cycling.

In this project I made an interactive website and as a ‘bonus’ task: a content management system.
I enjoyed working alone on a project like this. This project was a great experience for me, because I’ve learned how to work on my own.

Tech

To develop the interactive website I’ve used html, css, javascript and PHP.
I have worked in the PHP Framework named Laravel to make it myself easy to build up the pages. Throughout the project I had a little difficulty to schedule time for each task. I didn’t know how long each task would take, and thus brought myself into the problem by scheduling either too much time into a task or to schedule no time at all. The real challenge of this project was to make something in a deadline with little experience in PHP. I’ve finished my tasks with the help of my supervisors and I can see now that I know now much more about PHP than I’ve started with.

C#, Unity

MA project

Curse of the Wolpertinger

Description

The developer and artist students were given an assignment to create a tower defence game in three weeks. We were paired in groups of two developers and five artists. Our idea was to create a 3D tower...

Tech

The developers (myself included) made the game in Unity C#.
We split the work we had to do in two categories: Easy and hard. My co-developer did the easy things such as the tile system and the...

C#, Unity, Mobile

MA project

Bokkenrijders

Description

“Myth”: the biggest project of the year. We got an assignment to create a mobile game in a few months. Eventually we had to place it on the Google play store. There was a catch though: the teachers ga...

Tech

The developers (myself included) made the game in Unity C#.
My co-developer loved to work on ‘though’ code as well, so we had to split the tasks well.
At the time I worked on the project...

C#, Unity, Arduino

excellence project

Mediabites

Description

I was chosen for an excellence program for highly motivated top students at the Mediacollege Amsterdam. We had to make a product for an event at the Vondel CS in Amsterdam with a...

Tech

One of my tasks was to program a game called ‘Voxels’. I worked together with artists, audiovisual designers, spatial designers and event technician to create the game like this. We placed three cubes...